November 23, 2008
Yep, he was re-born!! He asked Jesus into his heart Sunday night at home after church!!!
WAHOOO!! I might just have to change churches--I may become a little too charismatic for a baptist! ha ha.
This is been a big deal for Tanner. I had asked him about 3 weeks ago where he would go (heaven or hell) if I had a wreck or something happened and he died. He looked me straight in the eye and said "Hell". OH MY!!! I was almost speechless ( yep--me--speechless--notice I said "almost"). I asked him if he thought he should do something about that and he said "nah, not now"--oh wow! I told my husband that I really had a hard time leaving the house and letting him ride in the same vehicle as me---what if I wrecked and he died--(I know GOD is in control of all things--but that would have been too much for me). Man, you talk about hitting my knees in prayer for him. We have always talked openly about God, Jesus and what Jesus did for us when he died on the cross and then rose again after 3 days, always talked about current world topics and how they fit into the Bible timeline and Todd and I both told him that if he had questions or just needed to talk that we wanted to help him and be there for him. It is a thin line between pushing and not saying anything. It was evident by his demeanor that something was going on and I was praying it was that God was convicting him and not just a bad attitude kicking in full force--I knew it had to be God--first of all because his daddy and I were praying with all our hearts and secondly, he was having trouble going to sleep on more than one ocassion and having trouble concentrating on tasks (very uncharacteristic). Then, this past Sunday after worship service at church, I headed home with the girls and Todd went to WalMart to get gas and pickup a few items. On the way to WalMart, Tanner told Todd that he needed to be saved, needless to say Todd didn't make it to pick up the items we needed at WalMart (he did have to get gas so he could make it home) and he flew home. When he walked in the door I was on the phone with my mother and Todd looked at me and said "You need to get off the phone!" My heart sank---had he had a wreck--his parents had a wreck---what was up?? (He has never done that before! and looked so serious). And I just told mom " I gotta go" and hung up. He then told me what Tanner had said. We got the girls situated with a movie (to prevent interruptions) and sat down with him and let him tell us why he thought that and ask questions. Todd and I both read him scripture and let him know what steps he had to take to be saved and that HE had to do them --we couldn't do it for him. He prayed the sweetest and most heart wrenching prayer and asked Jesus into his heart. ( I think I may have heard the angels in heaven singing --Luke 15:7). But, bless his heart after our talking somemore and then story and prayer time with the girls, he said " I feel like I need to do it all over again." He thought it was too easy and he didn't feel any "physical" change. So, we talked and read scripture for another long while ( I would have stayed up all night for him to have that peace) and then he smiled and said "I am going to heaven"---WAAAHHOOOOO!!! HE KNOWS THAT HE KNOWS THAT HE KNOWS THAT HE KNOWS!!! You could just see the peace all over his face. So, if the Lord doesn't come back before Sunday, Tanner will follow the Lord's example and be baptized with water showing the world that he is one of God's children. I praise the Lord everyday for my salvation and now for Tanner's and will continue to pray that someday soon Sydney and Jessi will also come to know Jesus as their personal Lord and savior and will trust Him with every part of their lives.
GOD IS SOOOO GOOOD!!!
1 comment:
Thanks sooooooooo... much for sharing the WONDERFUL news! (im crying right now, Tears of joy) i can remeber the night i became a Christian, It was April 13, 2001!!
Congrat.'s Tanner!
Post a Comment