Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas

Jibbit #1, #2, & #3 and I (Queen Jibbit) headed to Texas to visit a longtime friend. She lives just outside of Dallas. It was a 14 hour trip that we did over 2 days so, not so bad. We celebrated her youngest son's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese (his birthday was in Jan but he waited for us to get there to have his party--isn't that sweet!). There was a trip to Shenanigan's, which had a bowling alley, laser tag, race cars, video games all under one roof--a little pricy but much, much fun. We played laser tag first and I wore the vest for Jibbit #3 and she did sooo good--she won. That was not handled well by the older 2 Jibbits. We also visited a children's museum that we had visited before and Jibbit #2 had put on the "to do list." At night, after we got all the kids to bed, my friend and I would TRY to sit up and scrapbook. Man, I can definitely say "I am getting older!" It is getting so HARD to stay up even for scrapbooking! I didn't get much of anything done. We always have a great time with our friends and this time we got to meet their newest family member, Smudge (their dog). He is so cute and such a good dog. We also got to visit their church, which is HUGE. I totally enjoyed the music service with the band and contemporary music (I do like the old gospel hymns too) and the preacher delivered a good message. The kids had a great time in their classes, too. Did I mention how HUGE this church was? My first trip to Texas was with my best-friend to look for a house. Her and her husband were moving and he couldn't go with her so, she asked me to go. Well, behind the hotel where we were staying was this HUGE building that we could not figure out .....was it a mall--no because there was never any cars, what was it? Well, it turned out to be a church. Since that first visit, I think it has probably tripled in size!! Very nice! It is always good to be with friends!! Thanks for being such a great hostess.

2 comments:

Beck's Bounty said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip !!

Grace & Peace,
Tammy

Taylor said...

Fun!!! You went to Dallas...(just outside is close enough)..that is so cool! You now im a Dallas football fan! lol
Anyway, sounds like yall had a great visit!
We've missed you!